Thanks a lot, Michael, that was very helpful :) I have spent quite some time
puzzling...

unfortunately, this raises another question right away:

there are methods:
setResponsePage(java.lang.Class cls)
setResponsePage(java.lang.Class cls, PageParameters parameters)
setResponsePage(Page page)
but not:
setResponsePage(Page page, PageParameters parameters)

is there really no way of passing parameters to an existing instance of a
page? does this mean I have choose either the param way or the stateful way?

Thanks again...