Thanks Martijn,
of course, you are right.
I came to put it in there after consulting the example at
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/forminput/
where this call is inserted to ensure the responding page is still
bookmarkable, also I planned to hand over the PageParameters object in the
original page.
But as I understand things now, it is not possible to hand over
PageParameters to a stateful page, right?

Thanks a lot again for your help with this.