> Guys, but I'm ___not___ talking of the session :-) I'm not putting those
> things in the session. The problem is with __pages__ that get serialized, I
> think because they get into the session for the versioning. So it's Wicket
> doing that, right?

There's lots of nitpicking going back and forth :-)

The others are right that Wicket doesn't force you have anything
serializable as in the end it is just a matter of how you configure
Wicket (which session store particularly), and what you use for models
etc. But you are right that with the default settings, as a Wicket
user you have to be aware of whether something is referenced by your
pages/ components and what will happen if/ when these are serialized.
That can be a pain sometimes, or at least something to get used to.
But that's Wicket's price for the stateful programming model it
provides.

Eelco