On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Fabrizio Giudici
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Keeping the discussion more in general, as per thread subject, my point is
> that Wicket is imposing me too many constraints on my design.

what are these "many" constraints. so far you have only listed the one
- serialization. ive worked on more then a few big projects using
wicket and this has never been an issue. models provide a nice
indirection that allows you to store your objects however you like,
wherever you like. and usually you can write a general model that can
be reused across many usecases.

on a more general note: a part of the framework is a set of
constraints it imposes on your design. after all, you code your
application inside a framework. when you drive a car there is an
expectation that you will steer it, if you dont like that then take
the bus :) i think part of selecting a framework is looking at all
these constraints and weighing the pros against the cons.

-igor