Thank you very much, I didn't realize that the
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior submitted individual components, I guess i
got it confused with AjaxFormValidatingBehavior.

I think the only issue is when a form level validator needs to be used, for
instance to compare that two fields are equal. Am I correct in assuming
theres no way to attach a form component validator to a field and have it
compare against the value of another component? If so I'm not sure if it
would be possible to fire a form level validator on the onblur of the second
component without submitting the entire form.

Another issue I thought of is if you use a password text field you wouldn't
be able to use AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior because even if the input
is valid it would erase immediately. Maybe there is a clever way to override
the isPasswordReset so that it only is true when the form is submit through
a button and not that behavior?