Hi fatefree,

On 22 okt 2008, at 03:53, fatefree wrote:

Thank you very much, I didn't realize that the
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior submitted individual components, I guess i
got it confused with AjaxFormValidatingBehavior.

I think the only issue is when a form level validator needs to be used, for instance to compare that two fields are equal. Am I correct in assuming theres no way to attach a form component validator to a field and have it compare against the value of another component? If so I'm not sure if it would be possible to fire a form level validator on the onblur of the second
component without submitting the entire form.
I think you are correct.
Maybe it is an option to write a custom validator that compares the two fields, and attach that to the second field. The error can then be shown at the second field.

Another issue I thought of is if you use a password text field you wouldn't be able to use AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior because even if the input is valid it would erase immediately. Maybe there is a clever way to override the isPasswordReset so that it only is true when the form is submit through
a button and not that behavior?

I have no idea, but am curious to see your solution :-).

Regards,

Daan