this is what I do
/**
 * @see
org.apache.wicket.Application#newRequestCycle(org.apache.wicket.Request,
 *      org.apache.wicket.Response)
 */
public RequestCycle newRequestCycle(final Request request, final Response
response)
{
return new WebRequestCycle(this, (WebRequest)request, (WebResponse)response)
{

@Override
public Page onRuntimeException(Page page, RuntimeException e)
{
if(PageExpiredException.class.isAssignableFrom(e.getClass()))
{
return null;
}
return new ErrorPage(e,page);