+1. Wicket IMHO does it the right way for its particular situation.

Wicket differs from most Java project by the sheer number of resources
and by their 1:1 correspondence with Java classes. Maven, I think, is
optimized more for the more common case where a project has only a
handful of resources that are not tightly bound to particular classes.

jk