The problem is that with any other form fields, what is saved in my models
is fine. All the accentuated characters are fine. If I output (in a log file
for example) the content of a string field, I can see the accentuated
character.
But with the AutocompleteTextField, if I try to do that in the "getChoice"
method, the "input" parameter output is still "encoded". So I am unable to
compare the string with what I have in my db.

You say that it is actually UTF-8 in the request. Good that is what I
thought first, but why in the java code it is not interpreted correctly?
>From what I remember, Java string are always in UTF-8. No?

Thierry