I checked the Tomcat source code and the default URIEncoding is ISO-8859-1
(not the system default encoding as I previously stated).

AFAIK it is a global setting; I don't think you can set it per web
application.

If you don't have access to change the URIEncoding in the server.xml, then
perhaps your only option is to build your Wicket application using
ISO-8859-1 instead of UTF-8.

--
Matt