Well I was still perplex, because other fields, and even other ajax
components seems to work fine with the default Tomcat config.
So I used the Firefox extension TamperData to see exactly what is sent by
the browser.
The difference is obvious: Other ajax components and normal submit link are
doing a "post" to the server. So the request object in the Wicket filter
contain the correct "decoded" value. This is what I especting.
But when using the AutoCompleteTextField it is a "get" that is used!!
The value is then send directly within the url. And this is probably why it
is not encoded/decoded correctly.

But why is this ajax component is doing a get and the others are doing
posts??
An idea??

Thierry