I played with both GWT and wicket. I was drawn to wicket by several reviews
and I'm disappointed.
I use maven to build gwt and ext-js and GXT which works very well.
Compilation is slow but with tuning to specific browser, the call stack is
straight forward. It's my feeling that GWT is closer to core java than
wicket.
* I don't know much about javascript so I like the idea of language
separation in GWT. Not very much into wicket's way to blend everything
together.
* Appreciate the fact there are samples for wicket. But Wicket's
documentation and samples are not enough. There is a lot of pain to do a
little bit more advanced things in wicket for beginners and there are many
user requests in user email list. I never had so much trouble in my gwt
project. Maybe I haven't found a easy way out. Appreciate any suggestions.