Currently, I'm rewriting our GWT-based application and I picked Wicket.
GWT is delicious but only on papers.
GWT cons:
1. lack of roles separation, building the GUI in the code doesn't work for
me.
2. Hibernate integration is a nightmare.
3. Unit testing isn't that agile thing.
I like GWT but I wouldn't prefer to work with it daily.