On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 08:26 -0400, Richard Allen wrote:
> To make Luther's point more explicit:
>
> Wicket allows you to bundle everything a Wicket component needs (Java code,
> HTML, CSS, images, etc.) into a single JAR and drop that JAR into the
> WEB-INF/lib directory of any WAR, thereby making the JAR essentially
> self-contained and reusable. The benefit this provides is the ability to
> truly componentize (or modularize) your web application. You can break a
> large project up into modules that become separate JAR Maven projects. Or
> you can break out reusable components into separate JAR Maven projects that
> get reused in different web applications.
>
> You can't take advantage of that if you put the resources in the root of
> WAR.

Thanks Richard, that really needs to be in the wiki somewhere. It's
clear and makes the advantages obvious. Previous to my question it all
appeared to be just for the sake of ease, but now it's rather apparent
why it is the way it is. I've read many sites/tutorials/mailing list
archives and the "Wicket in Action" book but it never was really
explained that well. Some even have their own differing confusing
opinions and variations. But then again maybe I just wasn't looking
right.

Regards,
Alan.