On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Frank Tegtmeyer<f...@fte.to> wrote:
> Can you give a (high level) overview how to handle such a situation
> in Wicket? I'm sure clients will demand such functionality someday
> from my application.
> I would use some kind of batch processing system with API calls to get
> the status of the batch request. Or would this be overkill?

I use Spring's TaskExecutor API to do it along with the
ThreadPoolTaskExecutor as the implementation.  Since I use Spring's
@Transactional annotation and AspectJ to enforce it, I don't have to
worry about making sure I begin/commit my transactions.  That's all
handled for me.  What I have had to do, though, is set up a mechanism
whereby I can run a Runnable task as someone else (the person who
submitted the job for instance).  But, I do that with a simple "run
as" wrapper (using Acegi/Spring Security).