On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Martin
Makundi<martin.maku...@koodaripalvelut.com> wrote:
>> Keep convincing yourself that transaction and connection management is easy.
>
> All I can do is try to make it easy by design :)

Ok, I think we can just agree to disagree, but will you do me a favor?
 When (not if) you encounter a situation like Martijn is talking
about, will you post back to the list?

Using Spring (or any other battle-tested framework that does something
similar) isn't about whales vs. guppies.  It's about using the tool
that you know works.  The good thing is that if you start off with the
tool that can work for all situations, but you only use the pieces
that you need for your particular situation (Spring is partitioned so
that you can do that), you can always pick up other stuff if you need
it later.  If you write your own, you have to keep writing your own to
add functionality or switch later, which can be very painful.