Those designs aren't what make me like CSS - most of them are
necessarily-filled with hacks to make them work, especially across
browsers.

Again I think it all comes down to familiarity.  I still like the
separation of markup for presentation and java for code - which is
what draws me to Wicket and makes me dislike swing at first taste.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com