I've really enjoyed getting to use Maven on my recent projects. I'm no
Maven expert, but I'm finding that I don't have to be -- it really
just does a great job. Getting Maven working with JDeveloper has not
been going well so far, so that's been one hangup.

There are a few reasons for the department-wide IDE mandate. Our
manager has just discovered UML (I don't know anything about it, to be
honest), and JDeveloper provides UML functionality out of the box,
while any of the free Eclipse UML plugins I could find required a
mountain of dependencies and don't appear to work as smoothly as the
JDev one. Also, we're trying to replace TOAD as our database tool, and
JDev looks like it can do that. The third reason is that most of our
applications are Oracle ApEx, and JDev has stuff for that too.

I'm trying to port my existing apps to JDeveloper, but without much
success. The main problems so far are:
- How do I import a Wicket project using the Maven standard directory
layout? (I am aware of the Maven JDev plugin for JDev 10, but it has
issues with JDev 11)
- How do I run a Wicket app in JDeveloper using the internal WebLogic server?
- Does JDeveloper have some sort of Maven-like functionality for
project lifecycle management?

I imagine (hope) that most of these questions have easy answers, but
I'm just not finding a lot of relevant online
documentation/discussion. Most of the JDeveloper web app documentation
is focused on EJBs or basic Servlet/JSP-based apps.