I  have used .properties and .xml files in all of my Wicket projects and it
has worked great.

However, quite often someone in the translation team wants to changes some
text, image or something else that is localized in the properties files. Has
anyone moved propeties to database with success? Something like

component // The wicket component
language // the language
country // the country
variant // the variant
key // the key
value // the actual value

This could allow text to be changed thrue a web form. If the text was
changed a callback to the resource loader to refresh the value.
Can anyone lead me to the right path of implementing this. What classes
should I look at? Has someone used something like this and is the
.properties, .xml preferred over the database?

It would be nice to not have to redeploy the whole application if just a
text should be altered.

// Mathias