Yes of course. I painted a simplified picture. The idea is that once you implement your own ComponentStringResourceLoader you can do whatever you want. It is just the glue between your localization mechanism and Wicket. E.g. I delegate to a LocalizationManager that is capable of reading and writing from/to the database and that uses a cache. The LocalizationManager is also used when the values are updated by a web form. It saves the new value to the database and when present, it updates the cached value. Of course, when you use an ORM-tool, you can alternatively use it's second level cache.

Mathias Nilsson wrote:
Ok thanks,

have you implemented some sort of cache for this, because we don't want to
get every value from database all the time.