Oliver, good website, I can see you've put a lot of work in it. Could you please make it work fully with Opera too? At one page I got a message telling me to come back with IE or Firefox. I think wicket works without problems on Opera 9...

Regards,
Csaba

okrohne wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

let me add that I had no web-framework/spring/html/js experience before,
so this is my first web application. In addition I have no swing background
which would have been helpful to better get started with the wicket
programming model.
This has definitly contributed to my learning curve.
When I started to look at different frameworks, js-libs, etc. I often asked
myself how
to do it with wicket? Especially how to integrate json js libs, if I look at
the wicket examples:
no js in any markup file (but many js examples in the web are in html
files), yes everything is done from java, now I know and it is powerfull as I have
easy access to all my business objects, services etc. So customizing
existing wicket ajax
components or adding ajax to components was not so easy for me.
Thanks,
Oliver

jthomerson wrote:
I'd be interested in knowing from your viewpoint what parts had a high
learning curve?  And what background are you coming from (that may
effect your individual curve)?  In my experience, Wicket has a MUCH
lower learning curve than Spring Web Flow and Tapestry (any
incarnation).  So, as someone who teaches Wicket, I'd be interested in
seeing what parts stumped you.

Good looking site by the way!

--
Jeremy Thomerson