On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Troy Cauble<troycau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Much of the class design & documentation assume knowledge of
> > these things, especially when you get down to stuff like
> > AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior.  WTF?
>
> what part of that name or javadoc is hard for you to understand?

I'm saying it's hard for someone without a prior web development background.

The javadoc says "A behavior that updates ... via ajax....", but I only have
vague idea why or when I might need to do that.  Also it takes a javascript
event string argument that is not explained.  (I can google "javascript
events"
and guess or I can steal from example code.)

Even more to the point, AttributeModifier require you to write javascript
and know the
likely form of what your modifying.  Without googling examples of
confirmation
dialogs, I could have never guessed that "AttributeModifier" was the
relevant
class for that.

This is not a criticism of Wicket or the docs.  I know the target user is
someone
who's done traditional webdev first and came looking for something better.

I was just curious if there happened to be any articles that filled in the
gaps
for those of us attempting to skip directly to Wicket.

Thanks,
-troy