Hi,

I'm sorry to see a couple of somewhat uncourteous responses in this
thread. The guy is just asking a question that might well benefit
others who are interested in Wicket too. Coming from e.g. Swing, there
is indeed quite a lot of stuff to grok, and things can seem
overwhelming, so why not just try and help each other out?

That said, I would agree that becoming familiar with some of the
basics of web related work isn't going to hurt, especially given the
ubiquity of the web as a UI platform these days. If you want to do
without that, things like Flex, or perhaps even WebOnSwing and POJO
Application Server come to mind.

Cheers,
Erik