It only gets worse the longer you work with ColdFusion. Where I work were
finally working towards abandoning it completely.

Some paint points:
* No null value, you get a bunch of methods to check various types of
objects to see if they are "undefined"
* You can only specify return types of the core objects provided by
ColdFusion
* No method overloading
* Calling a method or function is usually about half a dozen lines of code.
* Same with actually creating an object/component
* <cfthis <cfthat gets really old and since the language doesn't have a
schema definition for its tags (would be impossible because its not valid
xml to begin with) you don't get decent IDE support.
* No build or deployment tools (unless copying files ftp counts). You have
to create your own.