As an after thought, I'm leaning towards leaving 1.4.15 the way it is.  I
like the idea of having greater control over the multipart settings,
assuming developers know when to enable it and when not to.  For example, if
I had another nested form that doesn't involve a file upload, then I'm
thinking that I should be able to disable the multipart on the root form if
this non-upload nested form is being shown (rather than always have the
multipart set to true for the entire lifetime of the root form).  Unless the
automatic setting of multipart is always reliable in all use cases, then
leaving it the way it is in 1.4.15 allows developers to better understand
and control when the multipart setting should be applied or not.  That's my
two cents anyway.

-----

Eric is learning how to use Wicket and enjoying the experience so far...