On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>wrote:

> It is the same conversation.
> You need uber-jar. At least one that combines -util, -request and
> -core. Everything else is optional, depending on your app needs.

Ok. As you see I read and answered to that.

> Can you describe what is the problem to use the uber-jar? Or what are
> the benefits to deploy these three jars separately in the OSGi
> container ?

That is basically a war. One of the advantage of OSGI is having separate
bundles for every module, to start, stop, refresh etc.
If I start packaging things in wars/jars, I lose the control of what is
being used. Will be the bundle or the embedded jar? It's a JEE hell, so why
not use a JEE? I want a clean, pure, osgi environment. The other way, I stay
on JEE.

Another advantage of deployng my bundle without any other jars is that my
bundle is 60Kb, the uber-jar more than 1MB, maybe 2. And following this
policy, will grow everytime there's a non-compliant library to deal with.

In the ed, it's more OSGI-like and does not affect at all the rest of the
framework. The only effort is to rename a package, in a major release. It
took almost 10 minutes to do that to me. If problem is retro-compatibility
well... it's a major release, it's a good time, isn't it?