Martin wrote:

> HomePageMapper is explicitly registered in SystemMapper (the default
> compound root mapper).  The resource mapper example in
> wicket-examples also mounts custom home mapper.

Thanks Martin. I managed to get something working based on
this. Here's a gist, in case anyone else is trying to get their home
page mounted without the version query param:
https://gist.github.com/2220564

Mount it in WicketApplication like:

        getRootRequestMapperAsCompound().add(new NoVersionHomePageMapper());

To be honest I'm not sure what it means to return a compatibilityScore
> 0, which indicates "I can handle this request better than the
HomePageMapper", but to then go and return null from mapRequest(). But
that's what I had to do to get it to work. Cargo-cult programming for sure.