I think I just found a "bug" ... LoadableDetachableModel is potentially
non-threadsafe.

I experience weird behavior, my concurrent models are chained (i.e. calls
other models getObject()), and my concurrent models extend
LoadableDetachableModel. The weird behavior is that sometimes (!!) the
models return null. But if debugged, they're not null. It's like a timing
and race condition problem.

Now I think I know why. LoadableDetachableModel, upon getObject(), sets
attached=true before caling load(), which can take some time. If
getObject() gets called again, it then immediately returns the "loaded
object", which was still null (sometimes.....).

Should I report this as bug?

--
Hendy Irawan - on Twitter <http://twitter.com/hendybippo> - on
LinkedIn<http://id.linkedin.com/in/hendyirawan>