Am 04.02.2013 15:43, schrieb manuelbarzi:
Play Framework, Apache Click, Stripes, Struts, JSF, Seam
http://www.indeed.com/jobtrends?q=%22Play+Framework%22%2C+%22Apache+Click%22%2C+Stripes%2C+Struts%2C+JSF%2C+Seam
What needs to be improved to get a wider adoption of Wicket ?
IMO, "selling" Wicket as Vaadin does, may help a lot.
I think, you should not compare wicket with vaadin. Wicket is not the right answer for every project. Wicket does not compete with vaadin, because wicket is a different hammer. The rise of "javascript apps" could change the future of web development, but for such a project you should not use wicket either. IMHO wicket is the better answer than struts, grails (if you have a long term maintenance cycle), jsf...

I think there are many wicket projects out there, but wicket is not the so called cool stuff like grails, spring roo and so on... nothing a developer likes to play with (which is IMHO a good thing). I think, this could be changed with wicket 6 (jquery build-in)... but it is a long way.

Michael