>your loosing the focus pretended to be justify before: "marketing",
>not tech. and many people "first see", later "think" :)

I think the problem is that most good software engineers see 'beauty' in
the elegant component based, object oriented architecture of Wicket - we
can all go "oooh" and "aaaah" just thinking about how truly beautiful
Wicket has been 'engineered'.

We see beauty beyond the external presentation.

People out in the real world however, or developers who don't get the
"oooh/aaah" value from elegant design and architecture, are usually
'beauty is only skin deep' people - and given then don't care about
elegant engineering 'under the hood' their evaluation of the 'goodness'
of something is based totally on the appearance of the 'skin'.

I think we have to grasp the concept that there are two different types
of people and they're on opposite ends of the spectrum - the less
'engineering' someone is the more they crave 'funky look and feel'.

Because of the above, and maybe I'm going out on a limb here, IMHO
Wicket's much wider adoption is totally reliant on improving the Wicket
website's 'looks' to newcomers on their first visit.

Regards,
Chris