That's what I figured.  I've now discovered that Maven isn't finding rt.jar
because I'm developing on a Mac.  Mac Java doesn't use rt.jar it uses
classes.jar.

[INFO] --- maven-eclipse-plugin:2.8:eclipse (default-cli) @ campingawaits
---
[INFO] Using Eclipse Workspace: /Users/stephen/Documents/workspace
[WARNING] Workspace defines a VM that does not contain a valid
jre/lib/rt.jar:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_37-b06-434.jdk/Contents/Home
[WARNING] Workspace defines a VM that does not contain a valid
jre/lib/rt.jar:
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
[INFO] no substring wtp server match.
[INFO] Using as WTP server : JBoss 7.1 Runtime
[INFO] Adding default classpath container:
org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/J2SE-1.5

Searching for how to get Maven to quit using the default 1.5 on my Wicket
6.5 project.

Thanks, Martin.

Stephen Walsh | http://connectwithawalsh.com