Can you show some code or (better) can you replicate your problem in a quickstart application? In your opinion which are the behaviors in conflict?
For example, the Panel was showing/hiding some components inside itself,
based on the selection in those components; that was working correctly.

Right now, we're using the Panel on a separate page and have an external
component that needs to respond to the events in one of the Panel's
dropdowns. We don't want to change the Panel itself because it's a complex
reusable piece and we want to leave it alone. After adding an Ajax behavior
to that dropdown, it seems to run but overrides the previous behavior
defined for it.