Yeah, that is what I do with my panels I write.  In this case though, I'd
/RATHER/ just add the extra behavior because it means I don't have to alter
any of that orgPanel's code.

The panel build is done within a factory method and the inheritance and
design of it doesn't really make exposing that event through an abstract
method hook as easy at it should be.  This was a panel written by a
developer who is no longer here and who was learning Wicket for the first
time.  It's desperately in need of a general rewrite, but that isn't in the
schedule.

Is it time to cash in that hope?  Is supporting two ajax behaviors on the
same event just not going to happen?