I'm wondering if there's a better solution to the way I've been solving
a particular problem. When using listviews within a table I quite often
do something like this:

    <wicket:container wicket:id="list">

    </wicket:container>

The reason I don't attach the listview directly to the <tr> tag is
because I need multiple rows per list item.  This works just fine except
where you want to use a listitem as an ajax target.  If you use
setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true) on the wicket container wicket
throws a very annoying warning in developer mode which (quite rightly)
points out that wicket:container shouldn't be rendered.  Using a <div>
or a <span> as the placeholder produces invalid html and browsers often
don't render it properly.  wicket:container is probably also invalid but
at least produces the results you'd expect from the table in the browser.

Is there a better way to do this?  It would be nice if HTML had it's own
NOOP tag that does nothing and can be validly placed anywhere for
containing a block of elements.