I agree with this wholeheartedly…I was just having this discussion with my
boss yesterday.  I do not understand (mostly) this drive to push stateless
frameworks (client or server).  Obviously your framework needs to support
stateless as to not waste resources, but almost every application I write
is complex enough that without servers side state, I’d spend more time
trying to figure out how to store state.

It’s one of the things I loved about Apple’s WebObjects and one of the
reasons I’ve moved to Wicket over other more “popular” java frameworks.

-Lon