As told in a previous discussion, I am trying to figure out how to
build a whole new skin in order to better understand how the skin system
works (or vice-versa). In parallel, I will be writing the missing doc on
<http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Skins#HCreatingawholenewskin>

        For the moment there is only a couple of phrases stating that the
minimum templates needed are view, edit, preview and save. I have
guessed these info after some studying of the structure of other
templates, any confirmation or correction is welcome.

        Next I would like to know what variables should be handled by the
templates. For example, a test for a parameter that I see often in other
templates is

#if ($request.getParameter("raw").equals("1"))

        I have guessed that when this is true there is just a code page to be
displayed, but that does not tell me when and where this parameter is
set, and if every parameter is set in the $request variable and what
they mean...

        I have tried to list every parameter by this code, but it doesn't
work:

#foreach($param in $request.getParameterNames())
* $param : $request.getParameter($param)
#end

        If someone could help me figure out all these things it would really
help me understand how the skin system works and how to build a new
skin. Of course you can complete yourself the wiki page but if you don't
I will do it once I understood the process.

        Thanks.