Pardon my ignorance ..
I thought that XEM and Watch worked by running on top of XE?  Can they
run independantly as well?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Vincent Massol
Sent: 20 December 2007 13:25
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Documentation?

Hi Robert,

On Dec 20, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Robert Hercz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> -The topics discussed below, touches directly into what we're dealing
> with right now:
>
> We are a telecoms operator and need to install wikis, both for
> internal use (product development, documentation, infocenter) and for
> external
> (customer)
> use.
>
> We haven't decided which wiki to install, but are looking at DokuWiki,

> Xwiki, TWiki, Mediawiki and others.
>
> Given that we don't quite understand which Xwiki to install, and why,
> and also if Xwiki Enterprise is a commercial product or not, may lead
> us to erroneously remove Xwiki from the shortlist...

Re the different product, here's a copy paste from the home page of
xwiki.org:

* XE: "A fully-featured wiki for the Enterprise. It's also a second
generation wiki offering the ability to install and develop small
applications inside wiki pages."
* XEM: "An application to manage a farm of wikis, allowing large-scale
organization and massive scalability."
* Watch: "A social RSS reader allowing groups to collaboratively follow
information news and filter it."

Without knowing your need I can't tell you which one is more suited for
you...

Re the commercial product, as is stated on xwiki.org all the XWiki
project sources are open source and under the LGPL license. Now if you
want professional support, services, training, etc then this can be
provided by XPertNet the company which started XWiki.

What is missing that you'd like to see on the web site?