Hi Helmut,

thanks for your time and effort :-)

Will translations in status review be in the new release. And is someone

else contributing to the german translation (would be good to know).

They'll be included in the new release if they're ready by the end of the
week.

Made some translations and think there are some problems the way it is done
now. Missing the context it is somtimes hard to tell what is ment, or if

there should be a space at the end ....

That's because of the way I handled some translations (I made some
beginner's mistakes). See
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XPWATCHLIST-48for the full
explanation.

To find where any given transation string is used, you can browse XWiki's
source code using an IDE's search function, looking for the string name =>
it will return the name of the document where the string is used, useful for
context.

In the 'Latest Translations' part of the translation wiki theres a filter
funktion which would be great for the rest to. I think its really important
that there is a possibility to compare translations of similar words ...

Guillaume Lerouge wrote:

> Well, what we can for now is that you keep a list of terms you're not sure
> ho to translate. Once you have 10 or 20 of them, you post them here on the
> list with your suggestions and we work together to decide on a term. Once
> this is done you can input them in the transation tool.
> WDYT?
> Guillaume

Thats ok, also i think a space in the wiki where a page for questions for
each language, information who is working on the translation of the language
.... would be more effective.

So some terms im not sure

Page and document seems to be used for the same thing
"tdwimgdoc      XWiki Document"
"panelwizard . pagelayout       Page Layout"
"rightsmanager . documentrequireviewrights      (*) Some documents require
special rights to be view."

and sometimes not (office importer).
"nodocstoimport         No documents found in the selected archive"

Is a Document always a attached File or imported Document?

Page is sometimes instead of XWiki Document

Document can be either XWiki Document or Office Document or Attached
Document

I'd recommend using Page instead of XWiki Document, Document for Office
documents (word, excel, PDF...) and File for attached documents.

Somtimes specific terms are translated, i don't know, but for some terms its
quite hard to find a good translation and it would be better not to
translate them.

Space - Rubrik
Shedule Space - ?Aufgabensteuerungsrubrik?
Pool - ?Pool?
Job - ?Aufgabe?
Job type - ?Aufgabentyp?

Shedule - ?Aufgabensteuerung?

Technical terms do not necessarily need to be translated.Typically, the
terms you highlight above are used in the Scheduler, which will most likely
be used only by an admin and not by standard users. Thus you may not need to
translate it.

Another question is, should the translation be formal or informal?

We're aiming at enterprise use, thus probably formal.

Thanks to you :-)

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Lerouge