Hi,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Asiri Rathnayake <
asiri.rathnay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Christophe
>
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 3:01 PM, PERINAUD Christophe <
> christophe.perin...@kbl-bank.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I try to use the office importer application after migrating my 1.7.1 to
>> 1.8-rc2.
>> For all documents i try to import i have this message : Internal error
>> while finalizing the target document
>>
>> Looking in console messages on the server i found that :
>> [ERROR] Internal error while creating temporary files.
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>> C:\DOCUME~1\BB03545\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\xwiki-office-importer-xwiki:XWiki.bb03545\input.tmp
>> (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
>>
>> It seems that the application tries to create a temporary folder with ':'
>> in the name wich is prohibited under Windows.
>> Is there a way to change that from the interface ?
>

> This is a very unfortunate. And I'm afraid there is no way to change this
> setting from the UI either. I have created an issue for this @
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-3406 it will be fixed for 1.8.1 &
> 1.9M1 releases.
>
> Note:- I did not try to reproduce this bug yet (kind of busy) but from your
> description and looking at the code it seems quite possible.

I tried this on my XP installation but I could not reproduce it. It is
possible that this occurs when there are multiple wikis configured or ldap
authentication  used where the getUser() method returns something like
<wiki>:XWiki.UserName. So it's still a bug, will be fixed.

- Asiri