PERINAUD Christophe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a strange thing in my wiki farm. I sent to a user (that never used any
> wiki) a link to a page in one of my virtual wikis.
> The first thing he is able to see is a login window on the main wiki (even if
> there is no access restriction on the page)
> After log in the system he comes back on the page with a message saying he
> has no right to access the page but the "administrate" menu is available (and
> he is not one of the administrators). In the local users of the virtual wiki
> i am not able to see him. In the global i can (i guess that's ok as he logged
> in the main wiki)
>
> I went on the main wiki, i deleted his local profile and asked him to go on
> the main page of the virtual wiki and click on the login link (of the virtual
> wiki). He is now able to see the page discussed previously and no more
> administrate menu is displayed (everything is fine)
>
> Is there any restriction about the method users have to connect and identify
> them the first time ?

No, there's no reason for this. A possible explanation:

- The link followed was somehow wrong, pointing to a non-existing wiki.
- This normally redirects to the main wiki to a page explaining that
"this wiki does not exist".
- The administration menu could only appear if the rights on your main
wiki are wrongly set. I'd advise you revise your rights, since this is a
potential security issue.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/