De : users-boun...@xwiki.org [mailto:users-boun...@xwiki.org] De la part de
Sergiu Dumitriu
Envoyé : lundi 27 avril 2009 17:06
À : XWiki Users
Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] LDAP users authentication

PERINAUD Christophe wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> No, there's no reason for this. A possible explanation:
>>
>> - The link followed was somehow wrong, pointing to a non-existing
> wiki.
>
> Given to another user (that has already connect in), the link works

I'm not saying that the link is wrong, but that it got wrong somewhere
in the process: bad copy/paste in the mail, bad copy/paste in the
browser, etc.

>> - This normally redirects to the main wiki to a page explaining that
>>  "this wiki does not exist".
>
> The wiki exists. After login the message is that the user has no right
> to view the page

Can you tell me what was the name of the page that was displayed to the
user? The one from the main wiki.

>>  - The administration menu could only appear if the rights on your
> main
>> wiki are wrongly set. I'd advise you revise your rights, since this is
>> potential security issue.
>
> But in this case why after deleting local profile on the main wiki and
> asking the user to connect on the virtual wiki, everything goes fine
> (able to see and no admin rights) ? I did not change rights before
> deleting.

This is normal behavior. Connecting to a local wiki is just that,
connecting to a local wiki, there's no relation to the main wiki and its
rights. The fact that the first time the user ended up on the main wiki
is an exceptional case, which must be investigated. Ignore the normal
behavior, it is working fine. Debug the main wiki rights issue.

> I checked the rights space and the rights page and there is no
> restriction. On the main wiki, only unregistered users have restriction
> (no edition)

There's no reason why visiting a local wiki should redirect to the
global one, except the one that I stated above. Try logging in on the
main wiki, to see what's happening. Try using that user's account on
both the global and local wiki.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above. It does not bind
the sender, except in the case of an existing written convention with the
addressee. This e-mail may contain material that is confidential and privileged
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or
distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete all copies.

While reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and any
attachments are free from any computer virus or similar defect, no liability
will be accepted in that respect. Anyone accessing this e-mail must take their
own precautions as to security and virus protection.

KBL European Private Bankers S.A., 43 boulevard Royal L-2955 Luxembourg, R.C.S.
Luxembourg B 6395, T (352) 47 97 1