Hi Trevor,

Trevor wrote:

> If any users on the mailing list have trials or tribulations with these
> servlets and/or databases, any comments would be welcome.

Just some more candid comments :-) I think we could subscribe the whole
five points list you have originally posted. I would exchange with each
other points 1 and 5, being the support team/community the most
important strength. From this team/community continuously sources great
new ideas that are implemented in brand new features, changes in
structure, plans for a new data model,... I thing that the devs list is
a great example about how thinks evolve here.

Perhaps the biggest weakness is the update process. Even it is not
difficult, it is a bit tricky and, if you are not careful enough, it is
possible to make common mistakes as overwriting modified pages with new
versions included in a new default xar.

Layout modification has been improved a lot. I am anxious to see the new
skin that will be included with the brand new XWiki 2.0.

We have at the moment a small XWiki installation running in a Suse Linux
server and with MySQL as database backend. We are planning to install
two more servers in the following few months to get at least a new
"productions instance" and a reasonable development environment.

We are a small group, so must be the weight of our opinion!, but XWiki
has became centric to our collaborative infrastructure  thus of our
whole work.

I am sure your experience will be greatly welcome in this win-win scenario!

Cheers,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez