On Sep 19, 2009, at 11:13 PM, Ecaterina Valica wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 23:09, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 19, 2009, at 11:00 PM, Ecaterina Valica wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think this initiative is great and will help improved our UX.
>>> The paper cut issues could be great for anyone wanting to start
>>> participating in open source and want a small bug to fix (like GSOC
>>> students
>>> :p )
>>>
>>> Related jira issues could be just linked to this jira task.
>>>>

>>> Instead of linking them we could tag them with paperCut, maybe we
>>> like this
>>> approach better.
>>>
>>> User could tag the issues with paperCut and developers should rate
>>> the
>>> issue's difficulty and priority.
>>
>> I don't see the difference between a "papercut" tag and the "trivial"
>> difficulty. Could you explain?
>>

> The idea is that if it's a user submitted issue, the user might not
> know the
> difficulty of the issue and he will just mark it with the tag.

How can he tag with papercut if he doesn't know if it's a trivial
issue (since the definition of a paper cut is that it's a trivial
issue)! :)

> If the
> developer comes and marks it difficult, we still know that the user
> though
> that the issue needed attention and raises an usability problem.

I don't think papercut == usability issue. For usability issues we
should tag them with "usability" IMO since the need is more general
than just for papercuts.