As far as I can see, a "paper cut" meets 2 criteria:

1. It is easily repaired, devs will know this, users may not.

2. New users tend to bump into it while learning the interface. New
users will know this but devs may not. Devs will be very adept at
navigating the system and will be able to (without noticing) avoid
issues which will cause trouble for new users.

If I were naming them I would call #1 trivial issues, and #2 "sharp
edges". To satisfy criteria 2 an issue doesn't even need to be a
bug, it could just be a UX idiosyncrasy.

I have reported a few bugs which are trivial to repair, but very
difficult to detect, definitely not in the first day :)

Those are my thoughts.

Caleb James DeLisle