Caleb,

Thanks, however it leads to my second problem:  I am running a wiki farm,
therefore I am getting
"Failed to execute macro: velocity"
I am running it as admin.

What rights do I have to set?

Is there HowTo for to set rights in a wiki farm?

Thanks
mb

It works for

{{velocity}}
#set($renamedDoc = $xwiki.getDocument("Blog.AB5/CD6"))
{{/velocity}}

It fails for

{{velocity}}
#set($renamedDoc = $xwiki.getDocument("Blog.AB5/CD6"))
#if(renamedDoc)
##    $renamedDoc.rename("Blog.safeDocName")
##    Looks like it Worked! [[Blog.safeDocName]] #else
##    Failed to get doc do you have enough permissions?
#end
{{/velocity}}

and fails also running

{{velocity}}
#set($renamedDoc = $xwiki.getDocument("Blog.AB5/CD6"))
#if(renamedDoc)
    $renamedDoc.rename("Blog.safeDocName")
    Looks like it Worked! [[Blog.safeDocName]] #else
    Failed to get doc do you have enough permissions?
#end
{{/velocity}}

You should be able to get hold of the Document using velocity
or groovy code, something like:

{{velocity}}
#set($renamedDoc = $xwiki.getDocument("Blog.AB5/CD6"))
#if(renamedDoc)
    $renamedDoc.rename("Blog.safeDocName")
    Looks like it Worked! [[Blog.safeDocName]]
#else
    Failed to get doc do you have enough permissions?
#end
{{/velocity}}

Caleb