Good, Vincent is working on character escaping so hopefully soon that workaround
will not be necessary.

Remember that the task manager application must be installed by a user with
programming
permission for the entire farm (not just the subwiki)
Programming permission opens up a lot of security holes which are unsafe to
give to subwiki admins
Specifically this: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GROOVY-1875

Good luck,

Caleb