Hi,

is this happening after an upgrade ? The calendar plugin has been
removed from the default distribution in XE 1.8.
It is still available at
http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Plugins/CalendarPlugin
Please make sure that the plugin jar is present in xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/
and also listed in the plugin configuration section of
xwiki/WEB-INF/xwiki.cfg

JV.