Hello there,
Thanks for suggesting these options in detail. I was already using the max
heap size option.
However, I was not aware of replacing the dll in the jvm. Now, I'm eager to
try this one and see what are the results.
Once again, thank you so much....

Hi Dilipkumar,

I've done some tomcat monitoring too (tomcat 6.0.20 (64bit), java 1.6.0_17
and now 1.6.0_18).
- I've never seen more than 96MB memory used for MaxPermGen - and I
understood, that this memory is not used / counted for the heap size.
- For the production system I am using -server -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
- It sounds, that you are using the tomcat service (me too) - please note,
that the "-server" option should be replaced by selecting the java server
dll.

Kind regards
mb