On 02/23/2010 12:48 PM, stefan bachert wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> Technical you are surely totally right in the context of xwiki
> But try to see that stuff from an users point of view, not from a developers
> one.
> An user want to use xwiki not to analyse it.

And a USER would expect a macro to understand Velocity? I doubt that any
regular user knows Velocity at all. I doubt that a regular user expects
macros to be executed at a different level than the other wiki markup.

> Look what the german wikipedia thinks about wiki syntax. No macros at all.
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilfe:Textgestaltung
>
> And the french version, discusses something which looks like "xwiki macros"
> but they arent.
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aide:Syntaxe

Comparing the XWiki wiki syntax with the one on wikipedia is not right.
These are completely different wikis, with completely different purposes.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/