On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 15:19, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
<vali...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are some features that need to be investigated during the XE 2.7
> timeframe in order to be able to integrate them in XE 3.0.
> One of them is **User Statuses** and a main definition for it is: "On top
> of activity stream<http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Macros/ActivityMacro>,
> create a User status & twitter integration feature"
>
> The question is what should we integrate and cover if we want to have user
> statuses in XE.
> In order to deploy mockups I need to have some clear requirements and uses
> cases.
> I create some pages on incubator that will gather this mail discussions at:
> Requirements:
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/UserStatusRequirements
> Use Cases:
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/UserStatusUseCases
>
> While discussing Activity Stream design we had some design scraps for the
> status casting part
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/UserStatusScrap
>
> Please share your vision.

Hi,

Some questions I have:
- is it worth it to make our own status casting or can we use directly the
Twitter API?
    -- do we plan to integrate other services beside Twitter in the future?
    -- if we have our own service, do we plan to display Twitter logo to
identify Twitter entries?
- what are the actions other users can make on a user status?
    -- They can comment/respond to it? right away or in the status page?
    -- Can they like it?
    -- Can they attach something to it?
- what actions should the casting box have?
    -- The user can enter just characters?
    -- How many chars?
    -- Can he upload a file?
- what is the visibility of user statuses?
    -- are they available for anyone with view/edit right?
- what is the location where we display the status?
    -- Home Activity Stream?
    -- User Profile?
    -- special gadget/macro?
    -- future: his vcard?